Tipping Button Gets an Upgrade

After a trial run of different designs, a special addition to the app is now live nationwide. The word “TIP” has officially replaced the credit-card icon on the payment screen:

tip

The three letters beat “EDIT” and “CHANGE” as the most user-friendly wording, scientifically proving that simplicity is best.

We’re excited to take the leap and make tipping more discoverable to passengers, who’ve been asking us for a clearer way to reward a great ride. Shout-out to Frank for checking another feature off the community’s wish list!

Comments

1. […] make our mobile app extra-friendly for everyone. He’s part of the driving force behind the new tip button, the reason navigation got an upgrade, and our resident whiteboard […]

Recent posts

The Road to Ride No. 500

As I approached my 500th ride with Lyft, I decided I wanted to include the community in my celebration. I bought a 50th birthday card, crossed ...

Get on the Dean's Lyft! How to Promote Lyft to the College Crowds

Yes to pencils! Yes to books! Yes to pink furry mustache looks! Classes have resumed for the 2014-2015 academic year, and what better place to ...